How to become a volunteer
The only special qualification to be a volunteer is the desire to help someone else.
Read or Print a copy of the Volunteer Position Descriptions
Because we serve vulnerable adults, we will do a background check on you. That’s why we ask for your social security number. We take all precautions to insure your social security number remains secure.
- Volunteer Orientation
You will be invited to a short orientation to learn more about Interfaith Caregivers. You’ll learn ways to help make your volunteering experience a success.
- ***As of March 18, 2020 All Volunteer Orientations have been suspended.
– Orientation is scheduled every other Tuesday from 1-3pm at our office in Milltown. If you cannot come on Tuesdays we will try to set up a time that works for you. See Orientation Dates
Volunteers are required to:
- Provide a copy of a driver’s license or valid ID
- Provide a copy of proof of insurance (if you will be driving for us)
- Agree to a criminal background screening
- Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Record and report miles and hours spent volunteering
- Help clients into or out of a vehicle
- Give medications
- Provide personal care or hands on help
- Lift people or heavy things
- Give baths or showers
You’ll be paired with clients whose needs match your interests and your schedule. You can help with things like:
Transportation. Take someone to:
- Grocery store
- Doctor or dentist
- Taking someone to visit a loved one
- Cancer treatments
- Light housekeeping (limited availability)
- Fixing little things in a home (lightbulb, handrail)
- Visiting or calling someone
- Reading to someone
- Giving a break to someone caring for a loved one
- Yardwork in spring and fall
- And much more
Help in the office
There are many ways you can help in the office. If you have experience with computers and other office work this may be the opportunity for you!
- Filing stuff
- Answering phones
- Thank You phone calls or letters
AssistedRides.com – for current volunteers only
Monthly Time Sheet – for current volunteers only