The Rise and Shine Call In provides a safety net for seniors and adults with disabilities who live alone. This service helps to ensure that you will have someone to call. When you call in we will know that you are OK, every day!
In the case where you do not call (you fall, become ill or experience a condition that leaves you unable to request help,) we have follow up procedures that we will activate.
- You must sign up for this service.
- It is your responsibility to call in every day; anytime before 11:00 in the morning.
- You will reach an answering machine.
- Leave your name and the town you live in. (ex: “Hi, this is Jane Doe from Osceola checking in.”)
- You will not be connected to a live person. Do not leave additional information.
- Do not expect a call back.
- If you forget to call before 11:00 am, call as soon as you remember.
- Let us know in advance if you are going to be away from your home for a full day or more so that we will not expect a call from you.
- Notify Interfaith Caregivers if you want to be removed from this service.
Interfaith Caregivers’ Responsibilities and Follow-Up Procedure:
- If we do not get your message by 1:00 pm, someone will call you to see if you are OK.
- If we don’t reach you, Interfaith will contact the person you list as your Local Emergency Contact who must have a key.
- If your Local Emergency Contact is unable to find you, Interfaith will contact a family member or friend that you have chosen (if different than the person with the key.)
If you frequently forget to call in, we may request that you no longer use the service. Instead, we will help you find the resources you need.