You can make a difference in your community! Help us share the gift of independence with a neighbor in Polk County!
Join with us by pledging to improve the health and well-being of Polk County seniors and adults with disabilities. Your gifts help promise that our volunteer services are available to assist your neighbors, friends and family now and in the future.
We are funded by generous donations from individuals, families, organizations, businesses, churches, foundations and United Way. Working together, we continue the rural tradition of “neighbors helping neighbors.” We build relationships that strengthen our communities and improve lives.
We are a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization recognized by the IRS since 1995. All gifts to Interfaith Caregivers of Polk County are tax-deductible. All donations are gratefully accepted!
What does independence mean to seniors and adults with disabilities?
- An elderly woman gets a ride to her doctor appointment
- A lonely man gets a visitor every other week
- A woman get a ride to her dialysis treatments 3 time a week
- A 92 year old makes a friend who takes her to her cancer treatments
- A full time caregiver gets a short break from care giving